WOW!! D216 has been reduced to £155.00 for a limited time only... Be quick as limited stock available
Future World Models are pleased to announce that we are now stocking HB Racing Kits and Spares
Having helped HB dominate successfully in 1/10th off-road with the D413 & D815, the next step was to develop and innovate a successor for these great buggies. After extensive developing and testing, the HB Racing D216 is ready to be released to the public.
With the changing pattern of 2WD buggy racing in the last several years, it has been critical to get the layout of any new buggy spot-on and as perfect as possible. With this in mind the D216 relies on a mid-motor layout to allow as much rear traction and performance as possible on the modern off-road race tracks that we race on today, while also offering as much steering as possible.
This is a fully adjustable, race-tuned buggy will help take your driving to the next level!
The narrow carbon fiber chassis allows both transversal or longitudinal battery positions, and the mid-motor-only design provides nimble handling with maximum steering and rear traction. The carbon fiber battery strap and its orange anodized aluminum brace add additional stiffness to the rear of the chassis. The distinct mid-mounted transmission encloses a 3-gear transmission for the most efficient drivetrain possible, with an externally adjustable, large diameter triple slipper clutch. The high volume gear differential is easy to remove from the transmission case for tuning, and can be replaced with an optional ball diff if needed.
The ESC is mounted to the side of the transmission case helping to eliminate the weight of excessive wiring and allows plenty of air flow to keep the ESC cool. The suspension design is an evolution of the D413, with triangulated shock tower mounts, minimalist carbon fiber shock towers, and aluminum camber link plates being some of the obvious design features of the suspension.
The biggest single feature, however, are the 2-piece adjustable caster blocks, which will allow you to quickly adapt the car to different driving conditions without needing to install different parts. A final innovation is the hinge boss design that sandwiches the hinge pin box between the two halves of the strong and lightweight monococque suspension arms, to make the car super durable and highly adjustable.
- Mid-motor 2WD fully-featured racing buggy kit
- Woven graphite carbon fiber chassis with carbon fiber side braces
- Centralized low weight distribution
- Superb chassis balance with increased transitional agility
- Fully enclosed 3-gear mid-mounted transmission
- Triple plate externally adjustable large diameter slipper clutch
- Multiple battery mounting positions to adjust weight balance adjustable fore and aft as well as left to right
- Brand new 2-piece adjustable caster blocks to change kingpin angle
- Monococque suspension arms with innovative hinge boss design
- Aluminum camber link plates
- Threaded aluminum 12mm Big Bore V2 coil over shocks
- Extra-rugged triangulated shock tower mounts
- Fully adjustable suspension with sway bars, multiple camber links, track width, ride height
- Multiple servo mounting options to adjust weight balance
- Steel turnbuckles with extra-long rod ends for increased durability
- Extra-large gear differential
- Easy-access differential
- HB universal dogbones
- Aluminum hex wheel adapters
- Completely fitted with ball bearings
- Hook and loop body mounting
- Adjustable wing height
- Parts compatibility with the D413, including shocks, rear hubs, CVDs, wing mounts, arm mounts and more
- Wide array of tuning options include longitudinal battery mounting set, ball differential, long wheelbase chassis, multiple Ackermann arms, rear wings, shock springs, rear shock tower and arm mounts